Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Breast Cancer I of II

Hi-dee-ho! Hope everyone is having a terrific Tuesday! Today will be part I of II of the Breast Cancer Awareness items. I went through a scare several months back. Had the mammogram twice and then had the ultrasound [is that what you call it?] and fortunately everything came back great! False alarm! Scared the crap out of me though. Anywho, here is PART I of the Breast Cancer Awareness kit. Pet Peeve: I went to get my license plates for my car and was asked if I wanted to get a license plate for Breast Cancer. It went for something like $48. Out of curiosity I asked how much actually went to the funding or research of Breast Cancer. Do you know it was something like $2!!! A normal license plate would have cost me approx. $30 - so take the $2 out that went towards the BC research ... the rest of the money went into making the plates! Uhm...I'm not a mathematician or anything...but wouldn't it make more sense if I was to get a normal plate and donated the $16 as opposed to just the $2? I see so many things like this. I know it's good for awareness and all ... but ... come on couldn't a bit more of the money go to the cause?!?!?! Ok, enough of my B&C'ing. Besides it's just one of my thoughts gone wild! Enjoy enjoy enjoy!

No comments: